Hello everyone! What do you think?

Yes, we will do that, along with a magazine post announcing the move. We’re asking community members to test the new forum out first before we go ahead and invite users to move here.

It’s sort of a sticky post that we’ve locked—the idea being that forum can add info to it. Do you think it’s better to leave it open for comments? We can do that.

We toyed with the idea of making it a “wiki post”, but we need to check how wiki posts work.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: How do I write about OSS to spread information to new Fedora users?

Did you get a famous tags collection yet or not ? do you think to build poll for that to choose which one you see are the appropriate ?

Discourse lets trusted users create tags, so we’ll let that do its thing.

All if this has been discussed. Please look at the fedora-join project on pagure.io for the Ask Fedora tag. (Im on email so i cant give you the link).

1 Like

The site filtering list doesn’t show a post with a tag selected in the filter!

Thread with infrastructure tag.

Latest%20infrastructure%20topics%20%20%20Ask%20Fedora

Please refresh. Does show the post here.

I did a click on clear cache but the list was empty too!

askbeta-infra-tag

If it isn’t working even now, please file an issue with upstream at their instance here.

We do not mention in anywhere but discourse has a mobile application, you can add as many site as you like there And get notification sorry for forget it

I looked at the reviews for the mobile application, but they werent too good. Most users said that the application was simply a webview embedded in an app, so you can just use your browser on your phone and that’ll work well enough too. Of course, Firefox is recommended :slight_smile:

@FranciscoD, what do I need to do in order to get category for Russian-speaking people?

3 Likes

Hi @ignatenkobrain: I’ve put up this post with the checklist:

Welcome @ignatenkobrain to the community, The process is very simple :

• When you have two involved person for long-term support, contact to Staff
  • Admin give you special right to set-up, for doing your job
  • Open in Staff category a TOPIC , New language setup: [Language]
  • Copy this as part of the content new-language-setup-checklist as @FranciscoD point you
  • Do the Magic
  • and finally Close the topic as solved
  • Notify Admin the job was finished to downgrade your right, for have one moderator and one trust user level 4 for your language.

Regards.,

@ozeszty askbot is in read-only mode now. The DNS will be flipped to point here to Discourse soon, but we’ll keep askbot running at askbot.fedoraproject.org for a bit until @not-mattdm-at-all @bexelbie shut it down.

Would you be able to do the archiving in the coming week/fortnight? We don’t want to keep askbot around longer than needed.

1 Like

I was surprised by the many changes. We look forward to many improvements.

1 Like

If you have any improvements in mind, please open topics to discuss them.

2 Likes

Looks good @FranciscoD,
I’ll definitely point people from the community here for help.

2 Likes

I appreciate Fedora’s efforts through this new initiative, and I am grateful to many who have contributed to many developments. Have a nice day!

1 Like

I really like the new site having a category of New topics (for new and updated topics). It makes checking every day so much easier.

3 Likes